When Ann and I were in elementary school, there were two musical programs per year. My grandmother was the music teacher. There was always a Christmas Program in the auditorium, but in springtime, there was a Spring Program which we did in the high school gym. And each class participated, so there were six grades performing at each one.I remember this program. Usually, there was something at Easter, but I remember doing square dancing for this program. My Annie is the cowgirl in red t the bottom of the picture in the middle.
The pictures above and below both left and at the right and in the middle show my Annie and me when we were at the age when we would have been performing in those programs. It's sad that there aren't more pictures of these somewhere, showing Ann and me in the costumes that our mothers usually had to make. In first grade, I was a bear for the Christmas program.



And here is one more, although it might have been just before we entered first grade. Ann and Marilyn and Marlene Smith, or the "Smith Twins" as people called them, were all ready for the Fourth of July parade in Malad in the 50's.





No comments:
Post a Comment