Each evening was fantastic. On our first ride on Dumbo The Flying Elephant, Kristin took Anna, and grandma and I took the boys. Lydia took pictures, because the spinning thing was too much after several other rides we did a bit earlier, and the photographs Lydia took were great.It seems that every visit ultimately ends with final runs at Fantasyland. Since many parents begin taking their children home just after sunset, that area of the park often is easier to ride rides without a long wait, even during crowded summer nights. And now at this time in November, it begins to become a bit cold, yet the temperature was still in the upper 50's. Idaho does not often have weather in November like that, although it was warm while we were in California. It changed back in time for us to return home. The ride that night was great. Tommy picked an orange Dumbo, while Jack and Pop Pop tried the blue one. Kristin and Anna liked the blue one too.
Given the my weight, it took five feathers for Dumbo to get off the ground. Jack felt bad. I felt bad. Dumbo's ears probably will never be the same, but hopefully at least, the poor beast won't have to go through hernia surgery. Shortly before this visit, my Annie finally talked me into Weight Watchers. I was skeptical. The weight gain after chemo was embarrassing to me, but at the end of the first week, I dropped 14 pounds. It was a start, but as my pictures at the park show, I have a long way to go; however, I couldn't believe how much easier it was to walk and move while we were there. Parking my rented electric cart, I tried to walk as much as possible, and on two nights, I was able to swim too after returning to the hotel. Ann, Kristin and Lydia noticed how much better I was able to walk. The trip home is always the thing that they look for to see my improvement. On other trips, I walked very slowly to the car, sometimes taking breaks as often as I could find a bench. One night in particular, we had five minutes to get from the Main Gate to our bus stop. Both girls were nervous at first to see how well I could walk, but they noted later how well I did.
Arriving home in Idaho Falls, I was nervous to return to Weight Watchers, but I lost another ten pounds. The walking, the swimming, and most importantly, the paranoia I felt about exceeding points during the days at Disneyland paid off. I didn't do churros or tiger tails, except for a rare bite, and as for meals, we found one restaurant where my Annie and I shared one plate of Salmon and grilled vegetables. It worked well.
The park was an incredible moment. It gave us the chance to be with grandchildren, moments Ann and I will never forget, and hopefully my grandchildren will never forget them either. I still have memories of my Grandpa Cles from when I was two and three years old. His influence in my life is something I will never forget, although it was just a short time. Hopefully, my three little ones will one day say the same of me.




No comments:
Post a Comment