There is something about grandchildren I find so fun. Only my wife gets away with teasing about certain things. Anyone else would catch "it" for doing something like that. Even my own children never were able to tease about the way I walked or other various things.
When Jack and Tommy were about two, both boys followed me down a hallway. Being where they were, I failed to understand family members laughing themselves silly.
After asking, Ann told me they were walking like ET.
"What?" I asked. Then Ann shuffled along, leaning to extremes from side to side as she walked. Suddenly both boys did it again. I joined in the laughter.
What can you do? I mean--it's easy to take something personal from an adult, but children have this pure heart that makes it impossible to see anything vicious in what they do, especially when it comes to your own grandchildren.
The my youngest granddaughter did it one morning. I did my morning howl, growled and chased her down a hallway. She ran quickly toward the kitchen and living room, where she stood my everyone.
Suddenly, she extends her arms, and opens her mouth widely. I expected her to growl, but she leaned from side to side. Yes, another grandchild did the ET thing.
And it's OK, until she reaches the age of seven or so. Then I won't laugh as loudly.
A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment