We were able to visit Cles and Leslie in Virginia in September. It was a great time. Lydia and the kids arrived from Florida, and we spent four incredible days or more there. It was a time of seeing sights in Charlottesville, but most importantly, we spent a lot of time together.
A perfect Thanksgiving was dinner on Creekside. Kristin was there, and Cles and Leslie flew out from Charlottesville. There was snow, and Jack was ecstatic, because he knows that Pop Pop has trouble walking on carpeted floors. A winter slope is out of the question.
Some mutual friends came over for a while during that time. Scott Fowler was my son's very good high school friend--one of the few from this area, who actually flew out for the wedding and reception a few years ago. Patsy was a lab technician at the cancer clinic where I went almost daily for a while.
I set the two of them up on a blind date. Being a matchmaker is something I'm good at historically. I have a record of 2-0. Regardless of the age difference, Ann and I consider Scott and Patsy very good friends.

They all took Jack sledding during the days after Thanksgiving. It was a great day, but my favorite part was the New York-style pizza we in a new place in Idaho Falls. It was a fantastic day, and the holiday was incredible.
Thanksgiving is fun, and it was fantastic having Leslie here. She was able to see do the sledding, but most importantly, Leslie experienced "firsthand" the shopping madness people call Black Friday, and it was fun to see the expression on her face as she watched people in a
Bacchanal-frenzy fighting over socks and videos and other necessities, and even though I laugh now, there was one time near the Blu-Ray and Wii games, where people pushed so hard, that I thought I would fall to the ground.
Not since my days of high school football was pushing and shoving so much fun. Black Friday is definitely a contact sport.




No comments:
Post a Comment