Jack looked forward to having Cles and Leslie visit. Cles teases Jack, just like I do and just like I teased Cles when he was little. It's the gift that keeps on giving. My Grandpa Williams teased and tickled me unmercifully. I remember getting tickled until I couldn't get my breath. They are some of the good memories I have of him.
The first day that Cles and Leslie were in town meant that we made a trip to Toys 'R Us or as Jack calls it--Toys 'R Bus. We spent at least two hours there, while Jack examined every toy in the store, and while Cles tormented me by trying to buy Jack any number of play weapons. Ironically, I may have to buy that toy machine gun he showed me.
The time went too quickly. As soon as they arrived, we tried doing everything we had been wanting to do. But on New Year's Eve, we started back for Salt Lake City. After our dinner and spending some time at Trolley Square, we returned to the hotel, where Uncle Cles taught Jack how to prank call Pop Pop.
The trip wouldn't be complete without Cles and Leslie emphasizing the need for Jack to love North Carolina's Tarheels. There was a game that night, and Jack enjoyed it with Cles and Leslie, although I figure that he liked the exercise more than the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment