A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stopping in Pocatello Valley for a Picture

This is one of my favorite pictures of my dad. He was very proud of this truck. It was just at a point where dad could buy a few things for himself, something I never really saw him do.

He bought a nice Minolta 35 mm camera, and on the way to the ranch, dad just stopped and asked me to take the picture. I never remember his doing that before that day, because we were always in a rush to get somewhere to work.

I am glad we have this picture.

Just after dad bought this truck, dad was adjusting the new scope on his rifle. He lay across the hood, fired and when he looked to see where he hit the target, my dad noticed the crease across the hood left by the bullet. A black powder stain also stained the silver paint.

It was around deer hunting season, and I had an old deer tag. I found it, marked it with the date of that day and fastened it to the mirror on the driver's side. Dad did not think it was funny, but it still makes me smile.

I wish we had taken more pictures. And I wish we took more time to have fun. But at least I remember some incredible moments where I spent so much time with him.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

That is a great picture of Grandpa.